WYNDHAM REWARDS® UK CHRISTMAS COMPETITION ON FACEBOOK
FREE PRIZE DRAW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS AND ORDINANCES. VOID OUTSIDE THE UK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Period. Christmas Competition (“Prize Draw”, “Promotion”) begins on Thursday 5th December, 2019 at 10:00:00 BST and ends on Friday 20th December, 2019 at 12:00:00 BST (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- Promoter. This Promotion is promoted, administered and sponsored by Wyndham Hotel Group Europe Limited, The Triangle, 5-17 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 0LG, United Kingdom. The Promoter will administer the Promotion and the Prize Draw will be carried out by a third party as commissioned by the Promoter.
- Participation. A valid email account, a valid Facebook® account, and a current Wyndham Rewards® membership number, each of which may be obtained free of charge, are required to enter the Promotion.
- Eligibility. To qualify for the Promotion and take part in the Prize Draw, a participant (“Participant”) must be aged 18 or over and must be a legal resident in the United Kingdom. Employees, officers and directors of the Promoter, their marketing agencies, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional fulfilment, web site providers, web masters, hotel operator’s as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, partner, children, siblings, regardless of where they live) and same household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and to Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. A Participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until the Participant’s eligibility has been verified and the Participant has fully complied with these Terms and Conditions and he/she has been notified by the Promoter to such effect.
- How to Enter. The Participant must visit www.facebook.com/WyndhamRewardsUK during the Promotion Period and follow the link and instructions to enter the Promotion. The Participant show “Follow” the official Wyndham Rewards® UK Facebook page. Clicking “Follow” will allow the Participant to begin the Promotion entry process. The Participant will need to submit a comment under the competition post. If the Participant is not a Wyndham Rewards® member, the Participant will be advised that enrolment is free and that a Wyndham Rewards® membership number may be easily obtained by signing up on www.wyndhamrewards.com and instantly enrolling and receiving the Participant’s membership number with Wyndham Rewards®. For terms and conditions of the Wyndham Rewards® points programme, go to www.wyndhamrewards.com.Only one (1) entry per Participant is permitted. Following our page @WyndhamRewardsUK and submitting a comment from the promotional post is the only means of participating in the Promotion. Any attempt by any Participant to exceed the entry limit by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Wyndham Rewards® numbers and/or logins, or any other methods will void all that Participant’s entry or entries and that Participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated programme or similar means to enter the Promotion will result in automatic disqualification. The Promoter and its agencies are not responsible for any server, network or other communication problems or delays or any late, lost, garbled/indecipherable, misdirected, incomplete or invalid entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to identity of any Participant, the member assigned to the Wyndham Rewards® membership number used to enter the Promotion will be deemed the Participant.
- Selection of Winners. During the Promotion Period, three (3) prizes will be available. The winners (each a “Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random electronic drawing conducted among all valid and eligible entries as received by the Promoter. The Prizes Winners’ names will be drawn by a third party as commissioned by the Promoter and the Prize Winners will be announced by the 9th of December for the first phase, 16th of December for the second phase and 20th of December for the last phase. All notifications of winners will be by electronic mail. All Participants selected in the Promotion as Prize Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- Promotion Prizes. There are only three (3) prizes available which are to be won during the Promotion Period (each a “Prize”). Each Prize will be 50,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, equivalent to at least three (3) free nights’ stay at most of the participating Wyndham Rewards® hotels. The Prize is subject to availability and the Prize Winner will need to contact the hotel for potential blackout dates. The Prize Winner may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) business days of receipt attesting to full compliance with these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion, the Prize Winner agrees that an electronic signature on such documents will have the same force and effect as the actual, physical signature on same. Noncompliance within the specified time period may result in disqualification in which case an alternate Prize Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable entry period. By entering the Promotion the Prize Winner agrees that the Prize may be automatically added to the Prize Winner’s Wyndham Rewards® membership account. All expenses/fees which are not specified above associated with Prize receipt and use, including but not limited to, airport transfers, upgrades, parking and travel costs (including airline tickets), meals, room service, telephone charges, mini bar, etc. are excluded and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, and must be paid directly at the hotel, airport or airline as applicable (if taken). Local taxes, service charges and any other local fees may apply and may not be paid using Wyndham Rewards® points. The aforementioned items are for illustrative purposes only, and may vary according to the selected reward, this is not an exhaustive list. No substitution, assignment or transfer of a Prize is permitted, except by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize component with another prize component of greater or equal value if advertised Prize component cannot be awarded as stated for any reason. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen Prize components after delivery to the Prize Winner.
- Forfeiture of Prizes / Disqualification of the Prize Winner. In the event that a Prize Winner cannot be contacted or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, that Prize Winner’s Prize will be forfeited. In the event that a Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason (including failure to timely accept declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release), the Prize Winner will forfeit his/her Prize. In all cases of Prize forfeiture/disqualification, the Prize Winner / Participant will NOT receive compensation of any kind. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Prize Winner in the event that: (i) the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a Prize Winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions and/or the rules, policies and terms and conditions of Facebook®; or (ii) a Prize Winner cannot be contacted after two (2) attempts within three (3) business days of the Prize draw date; or (iii) a Prize Winner is deemed ineligible, declines the Prize or fails to return the releases requested above within the time period specified; or (iv) the releases and/or Prize notification are returned as undeliverable.
- General Conditions. The Administrator’s computer is the official clock for purposes of participation in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions. In such event, the Promoter shall select the Prize Winners and make the Prizes available by some other means deemed by the Promoter in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Notice of such action by Promoter will be posted on www.facebook.com/WyndhamRewardsUK. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual whom it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the Promoter’s website(s) and/or the legitimate operation of this Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Promoter’s website(s) related to the Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law (as well as disqualifying such individual from the Promotion, if appropriate). The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither the Promoter nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Participant regarding this Promotion, except as expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions (or any other promotion) may not be published elsewhere without the express written consent of the Promoter, which may be withheld for any reason.
- Publicity.Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each Prize Winner’s grant to the Promoter (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of promoter), their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, each winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and county of residence for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) in connection with the Promotion without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification. The Participant agrees that the Promotion sponsor shall own the entries, which will not be acknowledged or returned, and that the Promotion sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish and use the entries in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to the Participant or any third party.
- Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in this Promotion, each Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter, its marketing agencies, Facebook, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, the Prize fulfilment and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, successors, assigns and agents (“Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and the Participant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims or causes of action arising from: (i) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, Prize Winner verification information, or lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected entries, or entries received through impermissible, unauthorized or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of website or any other service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion and/or incomplete, inaccurate or incomplete information being displayed on website whether due to unauthorized human intervention, equipment failure/malfunction or other cause; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of the Participants’ entries; (6) any injury or damage to persons (except where caused by the negligence of the Released Parties) or property, including but not limited to the Participant’s computer (or any information/materials stored thereon), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by a Participant’s participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from the Promoter’s or related web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Promoter, agency, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Promoter or agency’s website by a hypertext link. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- Disputes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by the appropriate court located in England and Wales and the Participant consents to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and expressly waives any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or any like right; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will the Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, the rights and obligations of the Participant and the Promoter in connection with the Promotion and/or any such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales.
SPONSORED BY: Wyndham Hotel Group Europe Limited, The Triangle, 5-17 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 0LG, United Kingdom. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc.
© 2019 Wyndham Hotel Group Europe Limited and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc., All rights reserved. All participating hotels are independently owned and operated.